Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing the highest quality of care for our residents and welcome your views, comments, suggestions and complaints.

Our Complaints Procedure has three stages:

Stage one: Local resolution

  • We encourage people to raise comments, concerns and complaints with any member of staff at the care home and with the local management in the first instance
  • We aim to acknowledge complaints as quickly as possible 
  • We aim to keep people up to date with any investigations and / or outcomes and will make every effort to provide a formal response within 20 days. If it is likely to take longer then we will let complainants know as soon as possible

Stage two: Internal review

  • If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the management or response you receive in stage one, you can contact the Director of Clinical Excellence who will review the complaint and the outcome
  • After this review, the Director of Clinical Excellence will provide a written response to the complainant 
  • You can contact the Director of Clinical Excellence by email: [email protected] or in writing to:

Michelle Kudhail, Director of Clinical Excellence

Hamberley Care Homes

Cubix Office Services

42 - 50 Kimpton Road

Luton, Bedfordshire


Stage 3: External Ombudsman 

  • If you are not satisfied with the outcome of how your complaint has been handled in stage 1 and stage 2 of our process then you can refer your complaint to a third party, usually through an Ombudsman service. These services normally provide free independent advice. 


The contact details for this service in England are as follows: 

Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771, Coventry


0300 061 0614

Complaints to the Regulators 

You can also make a complaint to the Regulator using the following details: 

CQC - Through the 'Report a concern' link on the CQC website


The contact details for this service in Scotland are as follows:

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (services in Scotland):

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

4 Melville Street, Edinburgh


Referrals can also be made by phone: 0800 377 7330

Complaints to the regulators 

You can also make a complaint to the Regulator using the following details:

Care Inspectorate (services in Scotland) using the Care Inspectorate online complaints form or calling 0345 600 9527



What training do your staff receive?

All members of our team are given the training and support needed to help them provide the highest standards of care. In addition to the statutory training that all care workers have to complete, we also ensure our staff receive bespoke Hamberley specific training in areas that we feel will help staff to provide an outstanding care experience.


Do you cater for specific dietary needs?

Yes we do. We have a wide variety of dishes on our menus and we regularly do meal planning with residents so that we make sure we can cater for their likes and dislikes and all their nutritional needs.


Can a resident bring their own furniture to use in the room?

Yes, we welcome personalisation of our homes and wherever possible residents are encouraged to bring with them their favourite items of furniture. All furniture is subject to suitability and risk assessment.

Search all Hamberley Care Homes