Funding Care

Understanding funding arrangements, fees and all associated information is straightforward at Hamberley Care Homes.

When you enquire about care and begin the process of admission, our Regional Community Relations Leads and Home Managers will guide you through every aspect of individual care and support requirements, assessments and funding options - in person, over the phone and via email. 

Below, you'll find a range of frequently asked questions about funding care and fees. You can also find information about enquiries and admissions here.

What are the fees for care at Hamberley Care Homes?

Each home has its own set fees, which our Regional Community Relations Lead will discuss in detail with you and your loved ones when you enquire about care. Depending on your individual care and nursing requirements, fees will vary, so it is important for us to learn about your needs in order to give you an accurate quotation. 

As a general overview, our fees average around £1320 per week. However, this does vary between locations and depending on care needs, so please do contact us to learn more.

What is included in my weekly fee?

At Hamberley Care Homes, your weekly fee includes:

  • Occupation of your ensuite bedroom or private suite
  • 24/7 hour residential care 
  • Nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy as set out in your care plan 
  • The use of all communal facilities in the home, including in-house cinemas, landscaped grounds and lounges 
  • Full participation in our wellbeing and lifestyle programmes 
  • Pampering in our Wellbeing and Beauty salons 
  • Fine-dining in our restaurants, with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks 
  • Full on-site laundry and daily housekeeping services 
  • Registered local GP services 

Do you accept residents with NHS or Local Authority funding?

We accept residents with funding from the local authority and NHS. Should this not cover the full weekly fee amount, the remainder is payable by the individual or their family/third party covering the costs of care. 

Many individuals find that they are eligible for additional funding such as Local Authority Funding, NHS Funded Nursing Care or Continuing Health Care. Our Regional Community Relations leads are experienced in guiding individuals and families through these arrangements. 

What additional charges may I incur?

Additional charges may include costs for:

  • Hairdressing services within our Wellbeing & Beauty Salons 
  • Alcoholic drinks from our pubs and bars 
  • Daily newspapers 
  • Dental care, chiropody and optician visits 
  • Taxis and transportation 

Further information about such additional services are available on request from individual care homes. 

Is a deposit required to reserve a placement at Hamberley Care Homes?

We do not require a deposit. Payments are taken monthly by direct debit, with the first fee leading up until the first direct debit payment calculated separately and payable via BACS.

What is the notice period of my contract?

Every permanent placement at Hamberley Care Homes includes a four-week trial period. Cancellation during this time requires a 48hr written notice. After this trial period, we require 28 days notice in writing to terminate the contract. 

 If you are staying with Hamberley for a short break or period of respite care, we require one week’s notice if you wish to leave earlier than planned.

Will my care fees change during my stay?

At Hamberley Care Homes, care fees are subject to review and annual price increases.

If your fees are due to change, we will contact you in writing with full details of the increase and the reasons behind them in writing, giving you 28 days prior notice of any planned changes.

What happens if I can no longer fund my care?

If any individual or family is experiencing difficulty funding ongoing care after the establishment of a permanent placement, we ask that you contact the Home Manager or Regional Community Relations Lead at the earliest possible opportunity so we can arrange a meeting to discuss how we can support you.

Make an enquiry about care


Get in Touch



How do I arrange care for myself or a family member or friend?

To arrange a meeting to discuss your care and visit your chosen Hamberley Care Home, contact our Regional Community Relations Lead by completing an enquiry form on our website, by emailing or by calling the home directly. You can also pop in to our homes to pick up a brochure and arrange a meeting at your convenience. 

When we receive your initial enquiry via email or phone, we will be in touch within 24 hours to progress your enquiry. 


What happens if I decide I’d like to move in?

When you let us know you would like to move in to a Hamberley home, our Regional Community Relations Lead will take you through next steps, which include:


An assessment to understand the level of care required and our ability to meet these needs When the above is completed, we will contact you with your final fee structure to review. 


Following this, we will work with you to complete the financial assessment, which includes providing us with two years proof of funding. We will then move on to create the contract which we will share with you to review.


Once everything is agreed, we will discuss a timeline for welcoming you into your new home and arrange to sign contracts.

What kind of care is provided at Hamberley Care Homes?

We provide a range of care home services including 24/7 Nursing Care, Personal Care (also known as Residential Care) and Dementia Care, as well as Short Breaks/Respite Care. Our homes all provide one or more of these types of care. 

You can find out specifically what type(s) of care our homes provide on the individual home pages.

Search all Hamberley Care Homes